Prospective enrollees are required to visit the facilities of the school and to discuss personal, educational and occupational goals with school administrative personnel before enrolling, attending class or signing enrollment agreements along with completing an Admission interview. The school is accepting applicants for admissions into any of our programs as regular students once the following criteria have been met.
- The school requires that each student enrolling in these programs (beauty educator training, barber, cosmetology, esthetics, and manicuring) must:
- Complete an application of enrollment
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Provide a copy of his/her High School Diploma, GED or school transcripts.
- Students lacking the High School Diploma or its equivalent must have completed the 10th grade level of education or its equivalent as required by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology and pass an Ability to Benefit exam. Currently, our school is using the WONDER BASIC SKILLS TEST. This test is approved by the Secretary of Education, Washington, DC. Two tests will be administered and you must receive the minimum passing score of (200) for Verbal Form VS1 or VS2, (210) for Quantitative Form QS1 or QS2.
*Foreign Diploma or Transcripts
Cosmotek College will accept a foreign diploma or transcript, however, the diploma or transcript must be equivalent to U.S. high school diploma and must be translated into English by a certified translator or a notary public.