This 4-day Worskshop (32 clock hours) certificate permanent makeup (or micro pigmentation) program is a cosmetic technique which employs tattoos (permanent pigmentation of the dermis) as a means of producing designs that resemble makeup, such as eye lining and other permanent enhancing colors to the skin of the face, lips, and eyelids. It is also used to produce artificial eyebrows, particularly in people who have lost them as a consequence of old age, disease, such as alopecia, chemotherapy, or a genetic disturbance, and to disguise scars and white spots in the skin such as in vitiligo. It is also used to restore or enhance the breast’s areola, such as after breast surgery.
Learning permanent makeup can be a great rewarding career. The permanent makeup artist can enhance one’s life. He/she helps people express themselves while being creative.
Lectures cover sanitation health consideration, color theory, consultations, indications, contraindications, permanent makeup techniques, blood borne pathogens and business of permanent makeup.
- How to assemble and disassemble your permanent cosmetics machine,
- Proper needle selection
- How to numb the areas for your client’s comfort.
- Proper color selection
- Rules & Regulations from the Department of State Health Services.
- Learn lip liner, full lips, eyeliner, microblading, and shading techniques
- Resources and tips for getting your Bloodborn Pathogen certificate.
Prior to, during, or after completing the program, graduates need to pass the Bloodborn Pathogen course with an educational provider approved by the Department of Health Services. Graduates also need to register with the county Departmnent of Environmental Health in which they intend to practice before they can work as a permanent makeup artist or a tattoo artist.
CAREERS: After completing the program, graduates can work as a permanent makeup artist or tattoo artist.
PREREQUISITE: at least 1 model is required for this class. Students are responsible for securing their own models.
COURSE LENGTH: 32 hours.
Supplies / Kits:
- 1 Microblading Disposable Pens
- 1 Sterile Skin Marker
- 2 Wax Pencils (Black, Brown)
- 1 Zensa Numbing Cream
- 1 Flexi Blades
- 2 Practice Skins
- Microbrushes (10 pieces)
- Cream Pigments (2 Colors – Black and deep coffee)
- Bag Pigment Ring Cups (5)
- Mascara Brushes (5 Pieces)
- 1 Eyebrow Scissors
- 1 Tweezers
Day 1: Theory and Practice on Skin Simulation
- Introduction to Microblading and Shading
- Client consultation and consent form
- Safety, sterilization, sanitation, health guidelines and compliance
- Blood borne pathogens exam preparation
- Three basic brow patterns
- Explaining the needles and tools
- Color theory
- Practice on skin simulation
Day 2: Master Eyebrow Microblading and Shading
- Fine art of designing the perfect eyebrow shape
- Pen handling and blade selection
- Positioning of hair strokes within the eyebrow
- Fixing errors and camouflage
- Shaded/Ombre eyebrows
- Forms and aftercare
- Instructor demo
Day 3: Lips Micropigmentation
- Operating rotary machine
- Evaluate and make perfect contour for your client’s face
- Classical shading for plump look lips
- Subtle color transitions for a natural look
Learning lip liner and full lips tattooing.
Shining lip tattoos
How to flatteringly brighten the cupids bow
Practice on skin simulation and models
Day 4: Powder Brows and Eyeliner Tattooing
- Creating a solid brow giving it a powdered look
- Creating ombre brow
- Learn color correction and permanent makeup camouflage
- Learn to make shapes and colors to suit client’s look.
- Create permanent eyeliner to enhance client’s natural beauty.